- Este debate está vacío.
6 diciembre, 2020 a las 9:24 pm #2327Martha DublinInvitado
Ghosts of Everest
The Search for Mallory & Irvine
by Jochen Hemmleb, Eric R. Simonson, Larry A. Johnson
- Awards: Boardman Tasker Prize Nominee for Mountain Literature (1999)
- Release date: December 3, 2005
- Genres: history, mountaineering, adventure, travel, biography, climbing, outdoors, sports, asia
- Language: english
- Author: Jochen Hemmleb, Eric R. Simonson, Larry A. Johnson
- Format: paperback, 205 pages
- ISBN: 9780898868500 (0898868505)
- Publisher: Mountaineers Books
About The Book
Did Mallory and Irvine reach Everest’s summit 30 years before Hillary and Tenzing? Until now, clues about what happened to these two Everest pioneers had been scant and misleading. Until now, no one has known whether they reached the summit. Until now, no one has known where or how they perished.
This is a detective story of the first order. It is the story not just of Mallory and Irvine’s last climb, but of the team of climbers and researchers who, together, found the body of perhaps Britain’s greatest mountaineer and uncovered the startling story he had waited so long to reveal. Written by the three key members of the team, and incorporating extensive interviews with other team members, GHOSTS OF EVEREST is the dramatic unfolding of both the 1999 and 1924 expeditions, woven together into a compelling narrative.
This book is the definitive account and has become an instant classic.
Hardcover Ghosts of Everest read. TXT ebook Ghosts of Everest Jochen Hemmleb for iPhone on IndieBound. EPUB book Ghosts of Everest by Jochen Hemmleb download Android. FB2 ebook Ghosts of Everest buy cheap on Walmart. FictionBook Ghosts of Everest on iOS.