My Dangerous Desires
    A Queer Girl Dreaming Her Way Home

by Amber L. Hollibaugh, Dorothy Allison, Michele Ainabarale

🔥 My Dangerous Desires | Read More 🔥

• Genres: queer, memoir, lgbt, feminism, essays, lesbian
    • Publisher: Duke University Press Books
    • Format: paperback, 304 pages
    • Author: Amber L. Hollibaugh, Dorothy Allison, Michele Ainabarale
    • Awards: Judy Grahn Award for Lesbian Nonfiction (2001)
    • Language: english
    • Release date: November 10, 2000
    • ISBN: 9780822326199 (0822326191)

About The Book

Amber L. Hollibaugh is a lesbian sex radical, ex-hooker, incest survivor, gypsy child, poor-white-trash, high femme dyke. She is also an award-winning filmmaker, feminist, Left political organizer, public speaker, and journalist. My Dangerous Desires presents over twenty years of Hollibaugh’s writing, an introduction written especially for this book, and five new essays including “A Queer Girl Dreaming Her Way Home,” “My Dangerous Desires,” and “Sexuality, Labor, and the New Trade Unionism.”

In looking at themes such as the relationship between activism and desire or how sexuality can be intimately tied to one’s class identity, Hollibaugh fiercely and fearlessly analyzes her own political development as a response to her unique personal history. She explores the concept of labeling and the associated issues of categories such as butch or femme, transgender, bisexual, top or bottom, drag queen, b-girl, or drag king. The volume includes conversations with other writers, such as Deirdre English, Gayle Rubin, Jewelle Gomez, and Cherríe Moraga. From the groundbreaking article “What We’re Rollin’ Around in Bed With” to the radical “Sex Work Notes: Some Tensions of a Former Whore and a Practicing Feminist,” Hollibaugh charges ahead to describe her reality, never flinching from the truth. Dorothy Allison’s moving foreword pays tribute to a life lived in struggle by a working-class lesbian who, like herself, refuses to suppress her dangerous desires.

Having informed many of the debates that have become central to gay and lesbian activism, Hollibaugh’s work challenges her readers to speak, write, and record their desires — especially, perhaps, the most dangerous of them — “in order for us all to survive.”

PDF ebook My Dangerous Desires by Amber L. Hollibaugh buy. FB2 book My Dangerous Desires download on PC on Bookshop. Hardcover My Dangerous Desires read online. Paperback My Dangerous Desires Amber L. Hollibaugh for reader on IndieBound.

EPUB book My Dangerous Desires Amber L. Hollibaugh read Kindle on Amazon. FictionBook ebook My Dangerous Desires download. MOBI My Dangerous Desires by Amber L. Hollibaugh buy cheap. Online book My Dangerous Desires for iPad on Kobo.

Hardback ebook My Dangerous Desires by Amber L. Hollibaugh on iPhone. TXT My Dangerous Desires read online on Booktopia. MP3 ebook My Dangerous Desires Amber L. Hollibaugh buy on Book Depository. EPUB book My Dangerous Desires download Mac.

Viendo 1 entrada (de un total de 1)
Respuesta a: (FB2) My Dangerous Desires – 9780822326199
Tu información: