- Este debate está vacío.
14 diciembre, 2020 a las 10:55 pm #3339Jennifer SinnyInvitado
The Juggler’s Children
A Journey into Family, Legend and the Genes that Bind Us
by Carolyn Abraham
- Language: english
- Awards: Governor General’s Literary Awards / Prix littéraires du Gouverneur général Nominee for Non-Fiction (2013), British Columbia National Award for Canadian Non-Fiction Nominee (2014)
- Release date: March 26, 2013
- Author: Carolyn Abraham
- Format: hardcover, 380 pages
- ISBN: 9780679314592 (0679314598)
- Genres: science, memoir, canada, history, biography, family, travel, medical
- Publisher: Random House Canada
About The Book
Carolyn Abraham explores the stunning power and ethical pitfalls of using genetic tests to answer questions of genealogy — by cracking the genome of her own family.
Recently, tens of thousands of people have been drawn to mail-order DNA tests to learn about their family roots. Abraham investigates whether this burgeoning new science can help solve 2 mysteries that have haunted her multi-racial family for more than a century. Both hinge on her enigmatic great-grandfathers — a hero who died young and a scoundrel who disappeared. Can the DNA they left behind reveal their stories from beyond the grave?
Armed with DNA kits, Abraham criss-crosses the globe, taking cells from relatives and strangers, a genetic journey that turns up far more than she bargained for — ugly truths and moral quandaries. With lively writing and a compelling personal narrative, The Juggler’s Children tackles profound questions around the genetics of identity, race and humanity, and tells a big story about our small world, with vivid proof that genes bind us all to the branches of one family tree.
EPUB The Juggler’s Children by Carolyn Abraham download. Hardback book The Juggler’s Children read online for Mac on Books-a-Million. MP3 ebook The Juggler’s Children buy on PC on Book Depository.